I joined Code Fellows as employee #6, and within the first month successfully and single-handedly managed the admissions process for every student in an at-capacity class.
Five years later, I now head the Admissions Department, and have hired and trained four outstanding admissions team members. I have built and perfected our student admissions funnel, interviewing thousands of applicants on their path to realizing their full potential.
In the past five years, I:
- Directed the admissions process for over 2,000 applicants.
- Successfully managed the migration and Salesforce integration of our student contracting process.
- Managed the allocation of over $1.7M in scholarships.
- Hired, trained, and currently manage a four-person admissions team.
- Successfully launched our inagural scholarship program, including developing the scholarship application and evaluation criteria, fostering a 30% increase in diverse applicants.
- Have managed military programs, overseeing the acceptance of GI Bill and Code Fellows' annual regulatory and compliance reporting to the Department of Veterans Assocation.
- Collaborated with our marketing department to organize engaging events for prospective students
Through this role, I have experienced growing and supporting a team that focuses on excellence in their work, compassion with our prospective students, and care for fellow team members.